The work is structured in seven Work Packages (WPs); WP1-3 are transversal (management, dissemination and exploitation, requirements and legal) and WP4-7 are technical.
FENTEC follows an engineering approach and its most common principles: analysis (WP3), design (WP4), implementation (WP6) and validation (WP7). Towards the last third of the project life (M25), a second development cycle will improve the output and ensure that the final product is optimised.
- WP1.- Project and Innovation Management
- This work package comprises the overall (strategic and operational) management of the project and the cooperation between project partners.
- WP2.- Dissemination, Communication, Standardisation and Exploitation
- his work package comprises the horizontal activities that support external exposure of the project, while allowing stakeholders and experts to interact and directly participate in the project.
- WP3.- Requirements and Legal Management
- This work package lays down the foundational framework of FENTEC, ensuring alignment of all partners on a common understanding of Functional Encryption.
- WP4.- Functional Encryption Algorithm Design
- This work package is dedicated to advance the design of practical Functional Encryption schemes and is the main research work package.
- WP5.- Hardware support
- While the functional encryption schemes developed in work package WP4 are purely software-based solutions, this work package aims to extend and refine these schemes to support different levels of hardware acceleration and protection of security-critical elements of these algorithms by security hardware.
- WP6.- Functional Encryption Implementation
- This work package aims to implement a selected set of existing functional encryption schemes and all newly designed schemes coming from WP4 and WP5
- WP7.- Prototype Integration and Evaluation
- The aim of this work package is to develop prototypes based on the use cases provided using FE library implemented in the WP6 and (occasionally) some hardware support implemented in WP5.